The series will focus on Cricket Green, a mischievous and optimistic country boy who moves to the big city with his family. Cricket’s curiosity and enthusiasm leads his wildly out of place family on epic journeys and into the hearts of his new neighbors.
The series is created by Chris and Shane Houghton, who originally worked on Nickelodeon's Harvey Beaks. Along with the Emmy Award-winning director Rob Renzetti (creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot, supervising producer for Gravity Falls and executive producer of the 2017 reboot of DuckTales) serves as executive producer and the Houghton brothers serve as co-executive producers.
On March 2016, Disney XD had greenlit two new original shows, this and alongside with Billy Dilley's Super Duper Subterranean Summer, to be released throughout the 2017-2018 period.
Following about a year after its announcement, on July 21, 2017, an official main title was released on Disney XD YouTube channel, with the series being renamed from Country Club to Big City Greens.
The Series was greenlit for Season 2, ahead of its premiere, as the series will debut on June 18th. In addition to the series renewal and release, there will be guest voice cast includes Jon Hamm, Raven-Symoné, Busta Rhymes, Danny Trejo, Lorraine Toussaint, Jim Rash, Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus, Andy Daly, Scott Aukerman, McElroy, Paul Scheer, Zeno Robinson, Colton Dunn and Anna Akana.
In addition to the guest voice cast, it will premiere with a week of new episodes June 18-22, as part of Disney Channel’s GO! Summer programming event. New episodes will premiere all summer on Monday and Wednesday mornings (10 a.m.) Additional shorts will debut Saturday, June 16 on Disney Channel and its YouTube channel. DisneyNOW will also debut its first multi-player game, Big City Battle!, where players compete against each other to earn their place as a member of the Green family.
On June 7th, the series is being promoted at the Pixar Fest, alongside with the upcoming Pixar film, The Incredibles 2.
According to Comicbook.com, who released a 46 second sneak peek, Also, The series premiere will be available to watch on DisneyNOW beginning Friday, June 8, ten days ahead of its airing.
The series will be animated with Disney Animation, alongside with the south korea based animation studio, Sugarcube. . As the series production began with the first season in between 2014 and 2017, while the second season is currently being scheduled likewise to start around mid to late 2018 to 2019.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Alice Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Zeno Robinson as Remy Remington
- Jon Hamm as Louis
- Raven-Symoné as Maria Media
- Danny Trejo as Vasquez
- Busta Rhymes as Wise fish
- Jim Rash as Ted
- Lauren Lapkus as Val
- Paul F. Tompkins as Justin
- Andy Daly as Officer Keys
- Scott Aukerman as radio DJ
- Paul Scheer as Chip Whistler
- Anna Akana as Gloria
- Griffin McElroy as pepper merchant
- Lorraine Toussaint as Rashida Remington
- Colton Dunn as Russell Remington
- The series name was originally titled Country Club.
- The series was originally going be aired in 2017, but ended up being postponed into 2018 while another show, Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, (which originally was assigned for 2018) ended up taking its place for the 2017 release.
- The theme music was performed by a band group named "The Mowgili's".
- The show is somewhat similar to Doug (a show originally aired on Nickelodeon and later on Disney) and The Simpsons as the main characters who has yellow skin while the background characters who appear to have colored (e.g. purple, red, green, yellow, blue) skins rather than normal human skin color.
- Some of the characters lacks a nose as it heavily similar to the Moonins, who characters who also lacks a nose.
- Originally, the series was going to air on Disney XD, but moved to Disney Channel.
- The series was listed as #4 of 10 Animators to Watch 2018.