The series will focus on Cricket Green, a mischievous and optimistic country boy who moves to the big city with his family. Cricket’s curiosity and enthusiasm leads his wildly out of place family on epic journeys and into the hearts of his new neighbors.
The series is created by Chris and Shane Houghton, who originally worked on Nickelodeon's Harvey Beaks.Emmy Award-winning director Rob Renzetti (creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot, supervising producer for Gravity Falls and executive producer of the 2017 reboot of DuckTales) serves as executive producer and the Houghton brothers serve as co-executive producers.
On March 2016, Disney XD had greenlit two new original shows, this and along with Billy Dilley's Super Duper Subterranean Summer, to be released throughout the 2017-2018 period.
Following about a year after its announcement, on July 21, an official main title was released on Disney XD YouTube channel, with the series being renamed from Country Club to Big City Greens.
Main Article: Season 1
The series will be animated with Disney Animation, alongside with the south korea based animation studio, Sugarcube. . As the series production began with the first season in between 2017 and 2018.
- TBA as Cricket Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- TBA as Gramma Green
- TBA as Tilly Green
- Marieve Herington as TBA
- The series name was originally titled Country Club.
- The series was originally going be aired in 2017, but ended up being postponed into 2018 while another show, Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, (which originally was assigned to air by 2018) ended up taking its place for the 2017 release.
- The theme music was performed by a band group named "The Mowgili's".
- The show is somewhat similar to Doug (a show originally aired on Nickelodeon and later on Disney) and The Simpsons as the main characters who has yellow skin while the background characters who appear to have colored (e.g. purple, red, green, yellow, blue) skins rather than normal human skin color.
- Some of the characters lacks a nose as it heavily similar to the Moonins, who characters who also lacks a nose.
- Originally, the series was going to air on Disney XD, but moved to Disney Channel.
- ↑ April 19, 2018 Disney Channel GO Summer Disney23, Retrieved 19 April 2018
- ↑ Bryn Elise Sandberg (March 04, 2016) "Disney XD Orders Pair of Original Animated Series (Exclusive) The Hollywood Reporter Retrieved on 20 April 2017
- ↑ March 6, 2016 "Big City Greens Disney ABC Press Retrieved on 6 March 2016
- ↑ Danielle Clifford (August 22, 2017)"Big City Greens is Coming to Disney XD" The Game of Nerds Retrieved on 22 August 2017
- ↑ Mekeisha Madden Toby (December 27, 2017) Country boy moves downtown in coming ‘Big City Greens’ "Detroit News" Retrieved on 27 December 2017
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/932015248164491269
- ↑ https://twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/931202388437868544
- ↑ Ellen Wolff and Ramin Zahed (March 30, 2018) Animation Magazine’s Rising Stars of 2018 "Animation Magazine" Retrieved on 30 March 2018
- ↑ Houghton, Chris (April 2, 2018) Y'ALL LISTEN UP! Big City Greens will debut on DisneyChannel this summer! "Twitter" Retrieved on 2 April 2018
- ↑ Sugarcube (November 2017 Sugarcube Instagram Retrieved on 20 November 2017
- ↑ https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=default&q=country%20club%20disney&src=typd
- ↑ https://twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/799474773394718720
- ↑ http://candyshopmanagement.com/index.html